Re: Release team now using gnome-build-meta repository, not JHBuild

Adding on top of Florian, some apps like gnome-boxes and Nautilus are not yet ready for Flatpak, or Flatpak is not ready for them yet. While I agree we should pursue that as a end goal, pulling out maintenance of JHbuild as tool for people to contribute to our modules before a viable alternative is worked out it's kinda unexpected.

What's the workflow for those before a proper solution is done? Or are the developers of those modules expected to maintain JHbuild on the meantime?

Carlos Soriano
GNOME Board of Directors

On 22 January 2018 at 19:17, Sam Thursfield <ssssam gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 9:47 AM, Tristan Van Berkom
<tristan.vanberkom@codethink.co.uk> wrote:
> Instructions for using the gnome-build-meta BuildStream project can be
> found at:
>
>     https://wiki.gnome.org/Newcomers/BuildSystemComponent

We found a bug in BuildStream which is triggered by those
instructions. It's reported at
https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/202

For anyone who hits this error, please try out the fix proposed in
https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/merge_requests/250

Thanks!
Sam