Re: Let's kill gnome-common!

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 3:43 AM, Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> wrote:
The list is not complete, there is for example gedit as well, I think it
was common to *not* list gnome-common as dependency in the jhbuild
modulesets because libraries like gtk was already depending on it.

Hm, indeed, gedit does not use gnome-autogen but it does use GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS. It must be getting pulled into the build environment by one of its dependencies.

Also, I think it's a bit a waste of effort to first port to
autoconf-archive macros, and then porting to meson just a few
development cycles later.

Getting rid of gnome-common takes about 10 minutes at worst, but porting to meson is a much larger effort!

Michael