Re: Build and run gnome-shell in a Docker container

Hello Reto,

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 10:40:04PM +0000, Reto Kaiser wrote:
I'm new to gnome, and it took me quite some time to build and run
"gnome-shell" with "jhbuild", but I finally made it.

For having a reproducible environment that can be thrown away and recreated
if needed, I wanted to build and run everything in a container. My approach
works roughly like this:

[...]

It will normally be possible to use BuildStream in the near future (or
does it already work?) for running gnome-shell built from git.

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/BuildStream/

BuildStream is the future!

--
Sébastien