Re: Meson feedback as a user

On Sat, 2017-11-25 at 03:45 +0000, philip chimento gmail com wrote:
Is it possible to add to the guidelines to write your meson file such
that you check dependencies as soon as possible and fail early?

I think we can do better than that.

SinceĀ unlike other build systems, meson is more of a declarative than
procedural thing; I thought meson should be able to report all of the
missing dependencies in one go (instead of the obnoxious trial and
error we are used to).

When I suggested this in #mesonbuild, I was directed to an existing bug
report which already has some merge request, unfortunately I am unable
to easily find the issue number off hand, but it seems there is already
a work in progress for this... the future is bright !

Cheers,
    -Tristan