GNOME 3.27.2 RELEASED

Hi all,

GNOME 3.27.2, the second unstable release in the 3.28 development
cycle, is now available.

The porting of more modules to meson continues (which is great!), but
It's still causing some problems for some modules. See the build
failures below, along with a short list of other build errors.

If you want to compile GNOME 3.27.2 by yourself, use the BuildStream
project snapshot here:

 https://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/3.27.2/gnome-3.27.2.tgz

For the remainder of the 3.28 development cycle, you can continue to
use the JHBuild modulesets, they are also available here:

 https://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/3.27.1/

The lists of updated modules and changes are available here:
 core   -  https://download.gnome.org/core/3.27/3.27.2/NEWS
 apps   -  https://download.gnome.org/apps/3.27/3.27.2/NEWS

The source packages are available here:
 core   -  https://download.gnome.org/core/3.27/3.27.2/sources/
 apps   -  https://download.gnome.org/apps/3.27/3.27.2/sources/

Build Failures
--------------
Instead of including a skip list of failing modules, I will just note
here which modules were unable to build and for what reason, it looks
like the majority of failures are due to lack of fresh tarballs:

  o gnome-chess:     Changed to use meson, need new release tarball with meson
  o gnome-documents: Changed to use meson, need a new release tarball with meson
  o gnome-boxes:     Changed to use meson, new release tarball exists but lacks the meson.build
  o gnome-terminal:  Depends on vte 0.51.1, only 0.50.2 is available (need new vte tarball)

  o gnome-system-monitor: Build failure

    looks like source schema xml is missing from EXTRA_DIST:

    No rule to make target 'org.gnome.gnome-system-monitor.gschema.xml', needed by
'org.gnome.gnome-system-monitor.gschema.valid'.  Stop.

  o fwupd: Stack trace encountered in po/make-images (this seems to be
           a bug in the runtime / sysdeps, I will investigate further)

  o gnome-software: Now depends on fwupd, which did not build

WARNING!
--------
This release is a snapshot of development code. Although it is
buildable and usable, it is primarily intended for testing and hacking
purposes. GNOME uses odd minor version numbers to indicate development
status.

For more information about 3.27, the full schedule, the official module
lists and the proposed module lists, please see our 3.27 wiki page:

 https://www.gnome.org/start/unstable

Cheers,
Tristan Van Berkom
GNOME Release Team