Re: Proposal for reducing the number of unremovable apps in GNOME Software

I actually had no idea about the shortcuts until recently, specifically for screenshoting an area, so I would be slightly against this. If we had the shorcuts window in GNOME Shell and the initial setup would show it as it's planned then I would probably be fine with the removal.

Best
--
Carlos Soriano
GNOME Foundation

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 8:41 PM, Florian Müllner <fmuellner gnome org> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 1:03 AM,  <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
>  Specifically, I propose that <mandatory_for_desktop>GNOME</mandatory_for_desktop>
>  be removed from the appstream metainfo for all of our apps except the following four:
>
> * gnome-screenshot

Why is that in the list? I would expect most users to use the various
PrintScrn shortcuts for taking screenshots, which don't depend on
gnome-screenshot (anymore).