Re: Proposal to deploy GitLab on gnome.org

On 16/05/17 09:22 AM, Allan Day wrote:
The outcome of this evaluation process is that we are recommending that
GNOME sets up its own GitLab instance, as a replacement for Bugzilla and
cgit.

I'm totally supportive of the idea. While it is a proposal, I just have
a couple of questions about the migration:

1. will URL to cgit be remapped to the gitlab instance so that any link
to any specific commmit still point to the proper place? Commit sha1 are
immutable so it is a matter of having a proper redirector where cgit
lives... unless the cgit instance is kept alive.

2. what are the migration plans for bugzilla: bugzilla URL, bug numbers
and the actual content?

I know none of these are easy to implement. Let me know how I can help.

Cheers,

Hub