Re: irc.gimp.org is now available via Matrix (was: Re: Thoughs about communication)

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Carlos Soriano <csoriano protonmail com> wrote:
Oh I actually talked with Matthew today about this and opened a new bug:

https://github.com/matrix-org/matrix-appservice-irc/issues/390 . In this
case this is for disabling the spam filter they have so any non-registered
user can talk with matrix users.

The issue I was talking about in my previous email is not the same
thing. I already filed a bug about it:
https://github.com/matrix-org/matrix-appservice-irc/issues/382

It affects even registered users as you’ll see in the report.

Also regarding Michael advice of not talking to [m] users, that's semi true,
most of us already change the IRC handler to be our regular IRC nickname, so
for example I'm csoriano even from Matrix. Which might be an issue if we are
missing pm's....

Yes, getting issue #382 solved is quite urgent.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director