Re: Pilot GitLab program

Please, let's stop this fetish about non-ff merges.

If you like non-ff merges and linear history it's entirely up to your
taste. Nothing "gets confused" about merge commits, and if your
tooling gets confused then I strongly urge you to get better tools —
which is the whole point of switching to GitLab.

Ostensibly, the whole GitHub userbase gets along with it just fine,
and that is larger than the GNOME contributors base by many, many
factors of ten.

Let's not confuse a personal maintainer preference with a technical difficulty.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.