Re: Pilot GitLab program

Wouldn't it be better to avoid migrating projects with interns working on them during the GSoC coding period?

Cheers,
Adrien Plazas

On mar., juin 27, 2017 at 10:54 , Carlos Soriano <csoriano gnome org> wrote:
Hello all,

For a number of weeks we’ve been collecting feedback on our proposal to consider GitLab as our code hosting, reviewing and issue tracking tool. First of all we would like to thank everyone who participated. We’ve been collecting the feedback on this wiki page: https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/DevelopmentInfrastructure/CommunityInput

We feel that the proposal has been generally well received, but there are still a number of pending issues that we are looking into. So we are moving ahead with a pilot program with a handful of volunteering maintainers willing to migrate and start receiving contributions and issues on GitLab.

In case you want one of your modules as part of the pilot program, please write an email to us. However, understand that participating in the pilot program means a commitment of moving to GitLab with your project for the time being, and for that it’s recommended to have a good understanding of the issues that we are trying to address with the GitLab team.

The production instance will be https://gitlab.gnome.org/, while the previous test instance have been moved to https://gitlab-test.gnome.org/. The production instance uses LDAP, so you can log in with your GNOME credentials.

Expect Nautilus and librsvg (with Federico) to move to the pilot program this week.

Best,
Carlos Soriano