Re: Too many broken modules

On 31 July 2017 at 12:11,  <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
Hi devs,

There are too many broken modules right now! Here is the list of modules
that Javier had to skip when releasing 3.25.4:

'pango', 'at-spi2-atk', 'vte', 'gdm', 'clutter-gtk', 'graphene', 'nautilus',
'glade', 'libgxps', 'libgepub', 'gnome-font-viewer', 'fwupd',
'gnome-terminal', 'totem', 'simple-scan', 'usbredir', 'spice-gtk',
'gst-plugins-base', 'gst-plugins-bad', 'gnome-dictionary',
'nautilus-sendto', 'gnome-builder', 'gnome-chess', 'gnome-sudoku'

That's waaaay too many broken modules. We normally have just one or two
broken modules per release. Please, if your module is in the list above,
make sure your module builds in JHBuild using your latest *tarball* release.
In particular, if JHBuild is configured to build your module using meson,
and you still have an Autotools build, you *must* ensure every meson.build
is distributed, otherwise the build cannot work.

I'll be contacting individual maintainers regarding build breakage next
week. It'd be easier if everything is fixed by Monday next week. :) I'm
hoping to release 3.25.90 on time next week, but will delay as long as
required if modules are not building.

Is there some place we can look at logs of the current build? I don't
have a jhbuild-y setup here, but I'd be happy to look at the gst-*
failures.

Thanks,
Arun