Re: Bridge gimpnet to matrix.org

Hello,

Regards,
Christian

What you think about bridge our irc to matrix.org?

It just will be another entry point for our IRC. Asking irc maintaners on #opers we could give it a try from our servers installing https://github.com/matrix-org/matrix-appservice-irc (See instructions on README.md)

If you ask for benefits, everyone seems to have its DIY configuration to have log on irc (I know it was disabled for specific reasons) and reuse same nick on different devices (mobile, web, tablet)

I can resist to link my own choosed solution (https://www.irccloud.com) which allows me to be almost always avaliable and be aware of what is happening when offline. I think many others want similar service.

Don't know the cost of hosting such huge irc server so if that's the problem is completely understandable.