Re: Librsvg 2.40.20 is released and is the last release in the 2.40.x series

On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 7:18 PM, Michael Biebl <mbiebl gmail com> wrote:
People are *STRONGLY* encouraged to switch to 2.41.x as soon as
possible.  Librsvg 2.41.x is ABI and API compatible with 2.40.x, so it
is a drop-in replacement.  You only need a Rust toolchain to compile
it.  If you or your distro can compile Firefox 57, you can probably
compile librsvg 2.41 without problems.

We'd love to switch in Debian, but

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rustc&suite=unstable

is effectively preventing us from doing that.
Looks like Firefox 57 is not coming to stable Debian release either
anytime soon:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=firefox&suite=sid

I am not sure I understand the status here. Are the failures because
of missing arch support in llvm or because the arch teams just haven't
gotten around to bootstrapping cargo and rust yet?

Our porters, from what I know, tried to bootstrap rust on various
architectures but run into multiple issues.
A few of them you can see at
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=rustc

If you need more details, I can ask them. All I know that this
situation is basically unchanged for a long time already.
Probably doesn't help that rustc considers anything non i386/amd64 as
non-first tier supported.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?