Re: Bugzilla migration tool user accounts

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Carlos Soriano <csoriano gnome org> wrote:
commenting on behalf of users doesn't seem to be something as bad as I though since
nobody mentioned that here so far :)

If I understood correctly, rather than handling out temporary admin
tokens to random people (like me), the plan is to have existing gitlab
admins run the migration on the maintainer's behalf. If that's indeed
the case, then I honestly don't see too much difference with the
current setup: Some people in the community have direct access to
bugzilla's underlying database, and we trust them to use that power to
keep the service running and not to impersonate other bugzilla users.
Gitlab offers a more convenient option than raw SQL, but it's not
fundamentally different - we need people who keep our infrastructure
running, and we trust them to not abuse their powers.

Also if I recall correctly, the migration from bugzilla 4 to 5
involved migrating existing data to a new database schema, which means
old comments were copied (aka "commenting on behalf of users") ...

Cheers,
Florian