Re: Updating GNOME Goals?

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 09:45:18AM +0200, Daniel Mustieles García wrote:
> Great, one less step.
>
> Then, it's ok to move this goal to the Deprecated Section? We could include
> the link in the goal comments

RemoveMarkupInMessages should not be moved to the Deprecated section, it
should simply be "retired".

Agree. A goal should be a one-time task, to achieve an specific target that cannot change easily in the time.

Adding new strings to modules is a daily task, so having it as a goal would imply to review every day if those new strings have markup or not, updating the goal if there are changes in an already fixed module...

Having it as a guideline is a "best practice" I think is a better idea than having a goal.

The Deprecated section is for the Autotools-specific goals that are not
yet done.

--
Sébastien