Re: GNOME Initiatives

On Tue, 2017-08-22 at 18:50 +0000, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
Looks like GNOME Initiatives could use with some updating as well.
There are some that are current and some that might need to be
revisited.  For instance:

Document Centric GNOME
Memory Reduction

Memory reduction would be a good one to revisit and update. I was
looking at that in frustration today as my machine hit swap and an
Intel driver bug took down my desktop session as a result. It looks
like we’ve gone sufficiently long without focusing on reducing memory
usage that there should be some good low-hanging fruit there.

(For example, it seems like half the shell search providers persist in
memory long (indefinitely?) after a shell search is done, at about 50MB
RSS each.)

Philip