Re: gtk-doc goes python

On 04/08/2017 08:37 PM, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 09:51:27PM +0200, Stefan Sauer wrote:
as a heads up - Jussi Pakkanen and I are rewriting gtkdoc to python. The
shell scripts are already gone (so running gtkdoc won't need a shell
anymore). At the same time we're modernizing it a bit and adding more
and proper tests. This is all very much work in progress though. If we
break something, please ping us in irc (#gtkdoc) or file a bug. Also
help is very welcome.
Very good news! I've tested with GtkSourceView and a few other projects,
and everything seems to still work fine.

--
Sébastien

Thanks for testing. We made more progress. Two tools left (gtkdoc-mkdb
(the biggest one) and gtkdoc-fixxref). Hopefully we're done in a week.
I've started to make the code more testable as well. Once the porting is
done, I'll report again to test this so that we can cut a release. More
cleanup then in a follow up release.

Stefan