Re: Do not use -Werror by default in your modules without joining #testable

Le dimanche 02 avril 2017 à 14:59 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi a écrit :
Yes, I know: this would be slightly more easier if Continuous warned
about build breakages via email (though I'm pretty sure email would
still be a high latency medium that tends to be ignored);
nevertheless, joining the #testable IRC channel *today* to get a
notification of build failure is *not* a heavy burden — especially
now
that we have the Matrix bridge and you don't even need an IRC client
running at all times.

Is this important for projects that already have their own CI system ?
(notably GStreamer). It does seems like an overhead to track two CI, I
do believe that build breakage due to warning should be quite rare in
GStreamer case. Please let us know.

Nicolas