Re: Gnome "opt-in" functionality.

On Fri, 2016-09-16 at 10:23 +0200, Daniel Mustieles García wrote:
In Debian, 'apt-get remove --purge tracker' fixes the problem ;)

It fixes nothing. You just work around whatever problem is either
really happening on the system, or is one of those grand-mother tales,
carried around in forums.

Don't do that. Get bugs filed.

Hello gnome developers and gnome team!

I am a gnome user since the year 2000 (Version 1.2 days).

I really like the Gnome Shell 3, it's UI and UX.

The only downside I found it is the software that I do not use,
but, cannot be "opt-out" and be left out of the installation.

Specifically, I do not use and do not want Tracker and Evolution.

Even more, they are very difficult to eliminate and disable. They
are using memory and resources that are wasted (even more on a
portable system).

They should be applications, that can be left out of the desktop,
and not "core" part of it.

It is possible to separate these parts or they are deeply embedded
in the system?

Best regards!