Re: builddir != srcdir in jhbuild breaks my workflow

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 5:43 AM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Tue, 2016-08-30 at 21:25 +0000, philip chimento gmail com wrote:
> I've been thinking about the exact same thing recently; how about a
> 'jhbuild jump' command that will take you from a location under
> srcdir to
> the corresponding location under builddir and vice versa? And perhaps
> have
> some environment variables defined as well.

It could run 'jhbuild shell' if UNDER_JHBUILD is unset, then do the
jump. That would be useful.

I soon ran into the should-have-been-obvious-in-hindsight limitation that you can't change the parent process's working directory from a jhbuild command.

I'm thinking a bash alias might be better in this case. (Unless we want something like "cd `jhbuild jump`")

Regards,
Philip C