Re: builddir != srcdir in jhbuild breaks my workflow

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 09:25:20PM +0000, philip chimento gmail com wrote:
I've been thinking about the exact same thing recently; how about a
'jhbuild jump' command that will take you from a location under srcdir to
the corresponding location under builddir and vice versa? And perhaps have
some environment variables defined as well.

I would prefer to be lazy and still use builddir == srcdir, and let the
computer tell me automatically if `make distcheck` fails, or at least if
the build fails with builddir != srcdir.

This can be resolved in GNOME Continuous by sending a mail to the
maintainers listed in the doap file, for the module that fails.

Or a local script run by cron could run `make distcheck` on some modules
(`make -j1 distcheck`, even, to not slow down too much the computer, or
use cgroups). But the local script probably needs a different jhbuild
prefix to not mess up what the developer is currently doing.

--
Sébastien