Re: Continuous Builds in GNOME

I also think it is sometimes important to discuss about the big picture,
even if it is just pipe dreams.

On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 01:53:28AM +0000, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
I really love the ideas of try servers, and you know they have this some
how in github, and man, we should try to find clever means to do the same
thing.

From my naive point of view, a try server would be more complicated to
implement and integrate into the gnome.org infrastructure, and it would
be a big change for contributors and maintainers. When doing such
changes, the biggest challenge comes from the people, not from the
technical aspect of it.

My (again, naive) proposal with the
master/master-stable-next/master-stable branches [1] seems easier to
implement to me and the advantage is that contributors and maintainers
don't need to change how they work. Of course a try server would be nice
too, but it can be done separately.

[1] The more I think about it the more it becomes complicated, I know
the Devil is in the details (or God is in the details. Whatever is in
the details it is something important).

--
Sébastien