Re: Enabling builddir != srcdir by default in jhbuild

[ Picking this up again ]

I've been spending the last couple of days fixing modules on
git.gnome.org (you may have noticed a commit or two from me on your
modules fixing builddir != srcdir issues); submitting bugs/patches to
modules that are hosted elsewhere; and disabling non-srcdir builds
directly in the jhbuild modulesets. I'm fairly confident that all
remaining issues are now limited to modules that are in gnome-apps or
gnome-world, but I haven't tested things like all the C++ language
bindings modules.

If you maintain a module listed in jhbuild, *please* update your
jhbuild local repository and try build your module with the new
buildroot setting enabled. If your module fails to build, fixing it
would also be appreciated — as it would spare you and everybody else
time and effort; alternatively, you can poke me on IRC, and I'll
either fix it for you, or help you out in fixing it.

As a last resource, we can mark modules that do not support non-srcdir
builds in the various modulesets, but I'd rather avoid it as it
defeats the purpose.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.