Re: Multi DPI user interface

On 07/19/2016 12:21 PM, Ray Strode wrote:
On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 11:04 AM Jonas Ådahl <jadahl gmail com> wrote:
2) Represent each monitor separately, generating one file for each
This makes the most sense to me.  Or even only do the active monitor.

Of course for screen recording (versus screenshoting), only doing the
active monitor could be weird, if the user moves their mouse from one
monitor to the other mid recording.

I don't like how, today, a small monitor next to a big monitor leads
to screenshots with large void areas.

People I trust have said very good things about CGDisplayStream[1].

If we were to focus on an API like this then we can defer the policy of
how to handle the situation appropriately to the target application.

Determining which applications have authorization to access this API is
a separate issue.

[1] https://developer.apple.com/reference/coregraphics/cgdisplaystream

-- Christian