Re: builddir != srcdir in jhbuild breaks my workflow

On Tue, 2016-08-30 at 19:23 +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
So, builddir != srcdir breaks my workflow. There are probably other
examples, the above two are the most common to me.

I've been thinking about this too; it's more inconvenient than I
expected. Some other issues:

 * Hard to clean the build directory ('rm -rf
~/.cache/jhbuild/build/epiphany' replaces a simple 'git clean -xfd')

 * Hard to upload tarballs ('scp
~/.cache/jhbuild/build/epiphany/epiphany-whatever.tar.xz...)

But I think this is actually mostly just a problem because we put the
build directory in a shitty place. If we put it under the source
directory, it wouldn't be such a problem easier.