Re: gettext

On Fri, 2016-04-22 at 08:49 +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
All the docs for the maintainer side of i18n I found use intltool and
glib-gettext, yet I see bugzilla bugs open to use upstream gettext /
autopoint.

Do you have a description of The Right Way(tm)?

Upstream gettext and autopoint are the recommended tools to use,
although you will need the latest versions of them in order to get
support for all the things which intltool supports (namely, AppData,
support for which was added in gettext 0.19.6).

intltool and glib-gettext still work OK, but they are basically
unmaintained.

Philip