Re: GNOME Photos plans for 3.22

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
* Import from device: Importing images from cameras, SD cards and
  USB sticks [3].

  This is another thing that has, so far, been missing from the
  content applications, and I think it is a crucial feature when
  dealing with images.

FWIW, I consider "importing" through browsing with the file browser to
be more important than importing from devices.

You can already import with the file browser, by moving images to ~/Pictures.

Eg. opening image files
in Photos through the filemanager should work, and allow importing.

(Both gnome-photos and gnome-music can't be selected as the defaults in
the Details settings panel, which is pretty weird...)

I think you know that this is a question we're interested in - we
discussed it at the content apps hackfest in December. That said,
whatever we do for this, I'm not sure that it's a solution for bulk
import.

Allan