Re: Integrate ITS Tool with gettext and Autotools (Was: Re: Death of gnome-common)

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 4:40 AM, Philip Chimento
<philip chimento gmail com> wrote:
For what it's worth, I break that rule for .pot files in my own projects,
because adding them to Git makes it easier for people who aren't comfortable
with the command line to contribute translations.

Are you updating the pot file every time you change strings in your
source code? This is not the recommended workflow for GNOME
translation and you're giving bad habits to anyone you're pointing to
this file. Damned lies provides an up to date pot file for all modules
and ensures translations are never based on the wrong file.

--
Alexandre Franke