Re: Using GNOME Continous images

Hello Daniel,
I think it would be easier, if you're installing Fedora22 on a docker, and use this env for development.

- alex

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Daniel Svensson <dsvensson gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Vadim Rutkovsky <vrutkovs redhat com> wrote:
> If you're using Continuous to develop a GTK app a better way would be the
> sandboxing way [1] - it uses yocto base similar to Continuous and doesn't
> use VMs.

Cool, that works fine, for some values of fine.

First I had to patch ostree a bit to get it building on Debian Sid.
Linking of -lz was missing, and I needed to include sys/xattr.h just
before the inclusion of attr/xattr.h in the places where it was used.

Next up I have two dependencies not in Gnome SDK so I ran build-init
for 3.16 and then checked out the three projects into subdirectories
of the initiated directory and added a shell-script to build them into
the build-root without any problem (other than I needed to disable
introspection of libgee since it didn't obey --prefix, but that's a
non-issue for my specific usecase).

Almost in the clear I stumbled upon the next problem, build-export
didn't work. No libraries were found. Turns out that two symlinks,
libfoo.so and libfoo.so.6, pointing to libfoo.6.0.0 in the same
directory, don't resolve leading to "error: llistxattr: No such file
or directory". For the sake of experimenting I just replaced those
files with a copy of the concrete library and build-export finished
without errors.

So.. now I have my app in my repository it seems, but adding the
repository as a remote with file:// prefixed path and trying to
install it fails with "error: openat: No such file or directory".
Checking the file system, I can find nothing more than an empty
directory structure at ".local/share/xdg-app/app/org.foo/x86_64".

So, any suggestions how to troubleshoot this? I know this is all
pretty new stuff, but I have no trouble getting my hands dirty if I'm
just guided into the somewhat relevant direction.

--
Daniel Svensson