Re: Proposal to make GnomeLove official and move it to developer.gnome.org

Hi;

On 17 March 2015 at 12:33, Carlos Soriano Sanchez <csoriano redhat com> wrote:

So after some work in GnomeLove and discussions in the gnome-love list, I would like to make this proposal.
Read more here https://wiki.gnome.org/CarlosSoriano/GnomeLoveMoveTask

So I would want to have feedback on this idea over this week, since I will take a intern from OPW for it,
and the deadline
is next Monday.

What do you think? =)
Hope you like the idea.

I'm a little bit worried that you're trading off the ability to easily
keep the page up to date with a more convoluted process that requires
learning Mallard, committing to a Git repository, and then updating
the page on d.g.o. You note this as well, but then you mention
"Getting started with GTK+" which does not really apply in the same
way as "building and contributing to GNOME" — the scope and scale of
the two efforts are clearly not similar.

Why is having a page on the wiki a problem? Legitimacy is provided by
being on the gnome.org domain, not whether the page is on a wiki.
Would having a prominent link on developer.gnome.org solve the issue
of the Google page ranking, while keeping the page easily editable?

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io