Re: 401 error

I am unfamiliar with this API so I can't say much about your problem, but I had a little look at the git log and I reckon following commit might include a change which is relevant to your problem with the update:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/libsoup/commit/?id=78e74de238479c2cc316cf6f888c53ddd087b51b

If things still don't make sense after that maybe try commenting on the bug or ccing  the committer (assuming I have identified the right commit above, that is!)

Maybe this document could also be useful:

Good luck!

Magdalen