Re: Gnome / systemd

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 09:50:49AM -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
I assume you're contacting us because you're considering GNOME for your
default desktop environment. That's something that I would like to
encourage. :) I also assume you've already willing to reimplement the
various D-Bus interfaces provided by systemd, and that logind is your
concern here.

I've asked Devuan to post here a while ago. It seems that it was stuck
in the moderation queue. Despite various things[1] I've noticed "assume
people mean well" worked quite well. I don't participate in their
mailing list anymore as the atmosphere is (was?) toxic. I believe we're
sometimes too aggressive in our replies/communication.

Regarding Devuan: They've made something which provides a logind API
with ConsoleKit2 as a backend. See https://github.com/dimkr/LoginKit.

--
Regards,
Olav

[1] the "do our bidding" website, huge amount of trolls in their mailing
    list, simplistic blaming GNOME, etc