Re: Feedback from downstreams presentation from DX hackfest 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-03 at 22:54 +0100, Stefan Sauer wrote:
*snip*
I'm confused. You want both a wiki, and docs embedded in comments?
What are you imagining here?

Sorry, I should have explained that more clearly.

Documentation is generated from C comments as at the moment,
reformatted, uploaded to developer.gnome.org, and then some kind of
online interface can be used to edit the documentation (and possibly
add
comments to it) with instant gratification. That’s what the first
few
points are about.
This was proposed already for GSOC. In a nutshell the idea was that
gtk-doc would a markdown editor with extra metadata into the generated
html. When editing this would submt patches to bugzilla (as this is
our code-review tool). The infrastructure team was against tools
submiitting to bugzilla. We could probably also push to special
doc-review branches on git. While this sounds all doable, it
unfortunately get more complicated. We'd need to show that a doc
'unit' already has pending patches so that new edits won't clash, then
engine would need to be able to somehow rebase them one new
doc-builds, ...
Stefan

At the moment, the docs team has a special e-mail address which is
linked to at the bottom of docs pages, and all user feedback goes there
to be manually sorted and implemented.

I believe this works OK at the moment, though if the volume of feedback
increases, it might fail.

Philip