Re: Developer Docs Roadmap [was Re: Glade release to include GtkHeaderBar?]

Allan Day wrote:

One of the reasons why I wanted to have this conversation is to find
out if there are any third party solutions that we could use, rather
than having to write and maintain our own site from scratch? Is Read
the Docs [1] an option?

It's a first look from that perspective, I'll be happy to be corrected
if I'm wrong in places.

It's tailored for Sphinx (http://sphinx-doc.org/) but it has a "doc
builder" abstraction, and it looks like it wouldn't be too difficult
to add more types of documents (gtk-doc, mallard, wiki extracts...).

I don't see a way to group multiple modules into bundles (a particular
set of versions), this is not something we have at the moment but we
talked about it in the context of devhelp; this is somehow back to the
"what do we want to publish?" question.

It would need some developments but it would certainly be a useful
experiment to at least create some proof of concept with it.

Do you think it would also be appropriate for help.gnome.org? (as we
share the library-web between developer.gnome.org and help.gnome.org)

        Fred