Re: java-atk-wrapper maintainership

As Alejandro is the maintainer, you should ask him, rather than
desktop-devel-list, if you want to become a maintainer.

Well, this statement is half right in my opinion for one main reason:
e-mails exchanged between Magdalen and Alejandro are most probably
going to stay private forever so no one would have been aware of a
maintainer change, you would just have seen a commit with 'Update DOAP
file' as its subject and that's all but the context and the possible
discussions between the two interested parties was going to live on
their mailboxes forever.

When a maintainer change is discussed it's *always* the best thing to
do CCing desktop-devel-list so that everyone is aware, a backlog is
kept and all the maintainers can express their opinion in case the
request is made by someone who has not the requirements to fill such
position. So I'm totally in favor of making these announcements /
requests / discussions public, encouraging the use of private mail
exchanges is just wrong and may lead to confusing situations with no
real benefit for either the involved parties nor our community.

--
Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors member,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av