elementary shutdown kills opened applications

Hello,

I'm trying to investigate a bug [1] we have on elementary freya (which is based on ubuntu 14.04).
On shutdown, the applications are killed as opposed to be given the chance
to gracefully terminate which can cause data loss.

A member of our team thought that it could be related to gnome-session (1) and already fixed in subsequent releases (2).

Does this ring a bell to you? Can you confirm (1) or (2).
At the moment, we are using :
  - gnome-session: 3.9.90-0ubuntu12
  - libgnome-desktop-3.0: 3.8.4-0ubuntu3

If (1) and (2) are true could you point me to a fix/commit that I could backport to my version of gnome-session ?

Cheers,
Carl.

PS: I'm very new to ubuntu and gnome, so all this may be total bonkers.
Don't hesitate to point my errors.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/elementaryos/+bug/1355711