HiDPI and fractional scaling

Hello,
I'm typing this from my Sony Vaio Pro 13. The resolution on this thing
is 1920x1080 on a 13" display, putting it at about 160 dpi, so I don't
get any automatic scaling love.

Without scaling, there is a massive amount of eye strain, and it
really isn't comfortable to use. I can increase text-scaling to 1.1 as
a less-than-perfect workaround, and things are better, but then I plug
in a monitor and everything is too huge on the monitor.

Is there a plan to address this? I can't imagine that this is uncommon
-- a number of laptops in my shortlist before I bought this one were at
about the same size and resolution. I'm happy to help, since this
hobbles my shiny new laptop quite badly.

Cheers,
Arun