Re: Translation commits pushed when rolling a tarball

On Fri, 2014-08-01 at 17:22 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
I think we could add something as equivalent to svn lock. It takes a bit
of time to setup though, and damned lies (l10n.gnome.org) would have to
be able to handle errors from git.gnome.org.

If enough devs speak up I could maybe make something to lock a
repository against pushes. Maybe with a timeout, maybe not. With SVN
anyone could force a lock to be removed. Not sure of what is best. I
assume a lock should at most be held for 2 hours.

Would be a nice-to-have thing. I personally have a script for creating
the tarball in one command (after creating the commit). It does a git
clean, make, make distcheck etc. So the lock/push/unlock can easily be
added to such a script, without adding more manual steps.

I'd appreciate a bit of insight from some tarball creators aka
maintainers :-P

In gedit it has already happened to have to distcheck 3 times due to 2
translation commits pushed. So this is something that *can* happen.

Sébastien