Re: Unreviewed patches - is the boat sinking?

I already receive all bug mail for all the products I maintain, or help maintain, or I am interested with. all maintainers usually do receive the same email. I suspect it's not the amount of emails going around - including the ones on this mailing list - that is the problem, here. I also suspect that if there's a problem about maintainer overload, shoving more mail in my direction is not going to solve it.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

On Sunday, April 13, 2014, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Sun, 2014-04-13 at 13:54 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

> > How do we solve this?
> >

> Let's start with an actual set of metrics that is accurate.  If there
> is an issue and certainly if you care about it, we have a team called
> the bug squad who can look into it.  We solve these problems by
> getting volunteers to help manage the bug queue and bug maintainers.
> This problem is not unique and is in fact a problem in any Free
> Software project.

There's merit in his complaint. A lot of patches really do seem to be
ignored. This is more of a problem for some components (typically the
bigger ones) than for others.

Probably, module maintainers should receive email notifications of
unreviewed patches.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/