Re: Middle click, "dumbing down" Slashdotted

On Tue, 2013-09-24 at 12:15 -0400, Hashem Nasarat wrote:

tnks for all the job you are doing, it's really appreciate, I can
say
GNOME 3 is so easy to use that also my grandmother can use it!!
Please don't be disparaging to grandmothers who use GNOME.
http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/So_simple,_your_mother_could_do_it

He's not. Just like I'm not being disparaging to all fathers who use
GNOME, when I say almost the same thing except "my father can use it".

I never tried to get my grandmother to use GNOME. I *do* get my father
to use GNOME. And it's a *painful* experience :)

If you want to make rampant generalisations, that's fine. But don't then
blame *me*, or Tglman, for the inferences you draw that weren't
necessarily implied.

--
dwmw2