Re: Updates from the GNOME Sysadmin Team

2013/11/21 Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com>
On 21 November 2013 15:48, Andrea Veri <av gnome org> wrote:
> 2. projects.gnome.org's migration to wiki.gnome.org.
>
> The projects.gnome.org website is currently being migrated to the following
> places:
>
> GNOME Apps: https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps
> GNOME Projects: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects
>
> Both pages are currently under construction. Maintainers and developers will
> now be able to modify their app / project page without the need of a git
> account

Don't all maintainers have to have a git account anyway? :)

Not necessarily, someone might just be a random contributor that spots an error on the documentation and wants to fix it right away. Honestly speaking I'm loving this new look, pages are more readable now, with a new design, easier to maintain and modify by everyone having a Wiki account. Have you ever cloned the gnomeweb-wml repository yourself? It's around 600M in size :-)

> and most of all without the need to clone an huge repo like
> gnomeweb-wml. All these without losing some of the benefits of Git like the
> history of previous changes and a diff between the various page changes
> themselves.

When you document how to lock down individual pages to prevent random
people from from editing them, please send the link to the mailing
lists as it is moderately complicated if one has not done it before.

Sure, that can be done this way:

1. Create a page with the following syntax: 'SysadminGroup'
2. add a list of wiki usernames like https://wiki.gnome.org/SysadminGroup
3. add the ACL at the beginning of the wiki page you want to lock down:

#acl WikiPageName/SysadminGroup:read,write,delete,admin,revert All:read

Have an awesome day!

--
Cheers,

Andrea