Re: The name of applications on GNOME 3.7.92 testing image

gedit is becoming more of a programmer's editor, so the gedit team wants to keep the "gedit" brand while people work on a new simple Notepad-equivalent that will be called "Text Editor".

"Rhythmbox" and "Shotwell" are not core apps, they're third-party apps. "Music" and "Photos" are the entirely core apps, and they're not based on Rhythmbox and Shotwell for various reasons that I don't fully understand myself.