Re: gnome_shell crash when connecting a second monitor on a ThinkPad T60

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 6:40 AM, Adam Jackson <ajax redhat com> wrote:

On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 08:26 -0700, Dave Johansen wrote:

From what I can tell, it appears that support for per-crtc pixmaps has
been added:
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2010-December/016611.html
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2011-February/019766.html

Well that does say RANDR 1.4 in the proposed text, and 1.4 is the
current RANDR version, but the big change that went in between 1.3 and
1.4 was the 'provider' object, which is how RANDR handles GPU offload
and such.

I guess my question is if gnome 3.8 has the ability to support dual
monitors on GPUs with the previously mentioned limitations. If that's
not the case, then should I just switch to using MATE or another
desktop? I'd prefer to stick with gnome 3, but it's starting to sound
like that's not an option on the hardware that I have.

Thanks,
Dave