Re: BlueZ 5 migration

On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 09:47 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
I'd rather ship without Bluetooth audio support in 3.10.0

You're kidding, right?

We *can't* do that.

This is where release-team gets involved, isn't it? Please? I mean,
we're going to have yet another PR disaster if the headlines at 3.10 are
"Bluetooth doesn't work". Doesn't matter that there's a dependency
problem or a technical issue like parallel install not working or not
supporting two codebases simultaneously; all people are going to hear is
"GNOME dropped another feature".

Not saying you have to support both versions.

I agree with Drago; the release should wait if it's a matter of needing
BlueZ 5 to be ready. I'm t sure time based releases are doing us much
good at this point, but this is brutal.

AfC
Sydney