Re: Announcement/RFC: jhbuild continuous integration testing

Hello Bastien,

Bastien Nocera [2013-02-13 11:23 +0100]:
I think build issues should be filed as Bugzilla bugs. At most we maybe
want to set some keyword / status whiteboard. But I guess the summary
would be consistent and people will quickly learn of it.

They should be filed as Bugzilla bugs *after a timeout*. We already see
build failures on ostree popping up on the #testable channel, and those
are usually fixed in a timely manner.

If you file the bugs as soon as they're visible, you'll end up filing
outdated bugs, and severely reducing the good will of the people fixing
those bugs.

Yes, I agree (I just responded with more detail in another response in
this thread). Of course the automatically opened bug would be
automatically closed again once build and checks work again, but it
would still be noise.

That said, my gut feeling is that we should start with plain email
notifications first, before we dive head-first into auto-filing bugs.
They are much less intrusive and can be ignored/filtered away if
desired, and don't require a long delay.

Thoughts?

Martin