Re: App menu Help/About consistency

Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
Sure, that's what I've been working to do with the new HIG, which has
a page on application menus [1].

I don't have a massively strong opinion on the label used for the
about item, or how help/about/quit should be grouped. I just went with
what feels right to me. Discussion is welcome, and all that.

Since nobody objected to Help/About/Quit, I've started filing bugs. Most
apps either placed a separator between About and Quit, or the name of
the application after About. Fewer than I thought placed About above
Help.

Thanks Michael, that's fantastic.

A reminder that we did not yet resolve was the inconsistencies with the
behavior of the Quit menu item.

I guess I missed that one. What's the issue?

Allan