Re: Feature proposal: combined system status menu

Giovanni
I second your message. There are a few things in Gnome3.8 that need to be standard and not tweaked.
a) User should be able to reset Frequent, or at least purge entries therein.  I do it by deleting the users .hidden files.  But that is not the way.
b) In testing Gnome3.8, I ignore Frequent, and only use ALL.  (It saves me 1 mouse click, and come  tendonitus.). I scroll once, instead of searchng FREQUENT, and then researching ALL.

When we add desktop applications (say another two dozen) to the system, scrolling the ALL section means via mouse, requires a lot of activity and searching to find the program we want.

C) The categories (programming, system, applications, as was in 3.6, was a great way to reduce mouse clicking.  Developers have to consider how fatiguing it is to use the mouse with Gnome3.x    (Yes there are tweaks, but I can;t do an install of multiple desktops if I have to manually install tweaks for each one).

d) In a future release..  Please allow us to create our own tags, and use them to search against them.   .

e) Gnome 3.8 and the split window feature (extreme slide left or slide right) is great. Congratulations to the developer(s).

Regards

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
50 years in Information Technology and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.
mailto:lsatenstein yahoo com
alternative: leslie satenstein gmail com
SENT FROM MY OPEN SOURCE LINUX SYSTEM.