[GSoC 2013] Ability to save and load virtual machine boxes

Hi everyone,

I am a third year student of Computer Science at IIIT Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India. I am very interested in doing the project mentioned in the subject (Ability to save and load virtual machine boxes). I believe, I believe, I have sufficient experience and skills required for this project.

I have some experience of working with technologies like libvirt and virtual machines. I have done a project titled 'A Virtualization Orchestration Layer', which is written in Python and included technologies like libvirt. I am also well versed in C/C++.

Project description:
Built a fabric that can coordinate the provisioning of compute resources
by negotiating with a set of Hypervisors running across physical servers in the
data-center.
In simple words, it provides the user with an interface to boot the type of virtual machine they need (preferred OS, memory specifications, cpu requirements) on demand. The program finds the physical machine best suited for booting the virtual machine, then assigns the memory and apu requirements. Then, boots the OS specified by the user.

I would appreciate it a lot, if I am given a chance to prove my worth of doing this project.

--
regards,
Nikhil Siddhartha