Re: Preserved Window Placement

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Federico Mena Quintero <federico gnome org> wrote:

Disclaimer/introduction:  In the past I've said that saving window
geometries is the job of the window manager and shouldn't be done by
applications.  THIS IS WRONG.  I retract myself.  Applications should be
responsible for saving their own window geometries.

YES. Federico has it right. Apps: implement it please. ;-)

Fwiw, one app implementing this is Evince, where each window has a unique URI associated (the file being viewed) and the app state is then saved using Gvfs metadata. Of course, here we have the chance of the easy association between windows and URIs, so the big problems described in this thread don't appear ;)

Greets,

José