Re: Question About File Roller

Hello Ma,

A dedicated mailing list for such a small app is a bit of an overhead. As per a dedicated website I think the same, a wiki is easier to maintain and keep up to date. It would be a good idea to just shut down the webpage to stop google from showing it up as the main information source for file roller.

As per the other things, this is open source, it sure would be great if each app and library had up to date information and dedicated resources but our resources are limited to the people stepping up to do the job.

If you think the file roller wiki page needs updating, this could be a great opportunity for you to cotribute to GNOME. Just figure out what's missing and what needs updating and add it yourself, that's what wikis are for. Any help is welcome Ma, thanks a lot for your feedback and I look forward to your contributions!

Cheers,
Alberto Ruiz

2012/10/16 Ma Xiaojun <damage3025 gmail com>
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Jasper St. Pierre
<jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
> What would you want out of a dedicated File Roller community?
A mailing list.
A wiki page contains valid information.
  I'm thinking about it and learning from other GNOME applications' page.
  But some information is best known by its developers.
Some homepage update:
  Remove old, uninteresting news.
  Link to mailing list, wiki.
  Don't ask people to contact directly.